Author Topic: Can anyone help with a French lamp?  (Read 6405 times)

lindasguy

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone help with a French lamp?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 09:12:42 am »
Still haven't found info on the marks but I was wondering since the lamp isn't an antique yet is it safe to polish the brass and copper or should the patina be left on it? Suggestions? Also I have a not so old Fenton vase that's not quite right (error I guess you could call it) if anybody is curious I will post it.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 11:24:26 am »
I would not touch the metal !! If you do,,you lose many of your potential buyers !!  As with all vintage items the less done the better !!  Should the buyer want it shiny,, let them clean it after they purchase it !!  It is not a big deal !!  The wood part looked really worn and dry which might put potential bidders off !!  With everything,,, do what is necessary without losing the integrity of the piece !! Buyers expect proper wiring !! I do all mine !!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 11:31:40 am »
    Would Love to see your not so right Fenton. 

lindasguy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 02:39:18 pm »
Thanks mart! I will heed your advise. And for you ironlord, give me a few and I'll throw some pics up of the vase on a new post.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 11:57:30 pm »
I've checked all the metal marks books/resources I have and have come up empty handed on the crown.  Unfortunately, it is extremely common.....
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

lindasguy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 12:06:42 am »
Well thanks anyways KC & everyone else. I think I'm just giving up on the whole info idea on it and list it Thursday. Thanks to all who put effort into it, much appreciated!