Author Topic: antique cigar maker?  (Read 1206 times)

johnjlanejr

• View Profile
antique cigar maker?
« on: September 09, 2011, 08:29:37 pm »
Any information on this would be appreciated. It was given to me by my father inlaw. It's most likely from Tampa or Ybor...possibly Cuba.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: antique cigar maker?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 12:29:32 am »
Believe what you have is a cigar cutter!  Google this and you will see all kinds!!  Unless you live near Ybor City and have any inkling that this came from that area (grew up near there and remember the Hav-A-Tampa Cigars) it can come from anywhere!  You may also search under Tobacciana.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

johnjlanejr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 07:14:34 am »
Yea, he grew up in Ybor and I grew up near Plant City. How might I identify the manufacturer and age of this cutter?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:33:58 pm »
I believe yours looks more "industrial" and has definitely seen better days.  Might want to look into taking care of that rust.
I also believe it is American made....nothing lends any "sense" at this point that it is of Cuban origin.  Maybe there are other makings on the underside.

And I grew up in Bartow!  LOL   And had lots of friends (the Mileys & McDonalds out past Branch Ranch) in Plant City!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:46:14 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!