Author Topic: Rubens Originals  (Read 1535 times)

tony641

• View Profile
Rubens Originals
« on: September 09, 2011, 09:37:08 pm »
Ok I did it again.  I was at the local thrift store and saw something that caught my eye.  I knew nothing about it at the time. I looked on the internet and see that some of his work is worth something while some has little to no value.  Anyone have any idea about this?  I can not find it anywhere in the net.

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Re: Rubens Originals
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:42:42 pm »
Looks like they were in business from the 1950s to the 1990s.  http://www.headvasemuseum.com/html/sidelines/sidelines_frame2.html

I couldn't find any others of the exact kind you have either, it's a sweet sort of shabby chic romantic piece.  Unfortunately from what I see it doesn't look like Rubens Originals sell for much yet.  Per Terapeak, the average piece from that maker sells for $3-$8.92.  None have sold for more than $21 in the last 3 weeks.  The ones that sell on the higher end of that are larger items like pitchers.  If you hang on to it, it will probably be worth more in the future since the company is no longer in business.  Especially if you keep the sticker on there and keep it in good condition  :)

tony641

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 12:08:20 pm »
Thanks for the information. My 5 year old daughter loves it and wants to plant a flower in it. I think that's what we will do. That will look very nice in her room. Thanks again.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 06:19:03 pm »
Beautiful idea tony your little one will treasure it!! agree greenhorn sweet sort of shabby chic romantic piece, Place a plastic cup inside to plant in as not to damage your piece.