Author Topic: Couple of lil gold tone trinkets  (Read 3559 times)

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Couple of lil gold tone trinkets
« on: September 15, 2011, 12:26:11 am »
Elephant pin is 1.25" tall and 0.75" wide.  Light rubbing off on trunk where it looks like possibly dark metal underneath.  If anyone has any input on this piece would appreciate it!  It does not have any markings.  I have a similar charm bracelet with figures on it including a cuckoo clock charm where the bird goes in and out...possibly the same maker, will try to get that one photographed tomorrow.

The other piece is a gold C, textured on one side and smooth on the other.  It is slightly ribbed or threaded at the end of the stick and I have no clue what this thing is for?

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Re: Couple of lil gold tone trinkets
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 12:27:51 am »
Sorry, gold tone (?) C pin is 1.5" long and the C part of it is 1 cm wide x a little over 1 cm tall.  Here is the backside of it

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 02:33:29 pm »
Both look 50-60ish !!  The C was a lapel pin and had a screw cap for the end !!  You stuck it through the lapel or sometimes a cap or hat and screwed the cap on the end to keep it from coming out !!  We had initials on everything back then !!  Necklaces, pins, rings ect !!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:57:30 pm by mart »

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 02:52:40 pm »
Oh cool!  Thanks, mart!  That makes sense because there is another either lapel pin or cufflink I got in this lot.  Just never seen this kind of lapel pin before.  Thanks for responding!  :)

kysfinest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 02:57:48 pm »
seeing your elephant pin reminded me of a "mouse" pin that i have. It also has the same stone for the eye. Possibly the same maker? I'll have to dig it out and show it to you!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 03:00:51 pm »
Meant to ask before but forgot,, the initial pin,, did it have a flat or square shaft ??  Might take a squeeze clasp instead of screw on !! Just pinch open and it secures around the threads !!

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 04:38:30 pm »
Oh wow, interesting question.  You are so smart, mart!  ;D  I will check on that, I'm not quite sure.

kysfinest:  do dig it up!  Cool!

Here is the charm bracelet I mentioned that I think might have the same maker, and guess what, I found a clue!!  The back of one of the charms has an "OC" or an "OG" on the back of i!  I was wrong about the one charm being a cuckoo clock, it's actually a sweatered dog coming out of a doghouse.  It pushes in and out using the little tab on the bottom of it.  The bracelet is 7" long.  More pics coming...

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 04:46:38 pm »
Some more pics.  I am so charmed by these charms  :D  It came in the same auction box lot as the elephant pin, and the styles look really similar to me.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 05:20:09 pm »
Not smart !!  Just had a bunch of similar stuff back in my younger days !!
If it is OG and nothing else is on it ,,could stand for "overlay gold" or basically a gold wash !! Only OC I found was Ocean City, Maryland that had a jewelry line marked with OC !!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 05:31:36 pm by mart »

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 05:40:21 pm »
Mart beat me to it!  :P

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 06:04:51 pm »
Oh sweet!  I think you're right with the gold overlay!  Thanks!!  I wish I could figure out the maker because it has this certain style to the characters, like ugly-cute, you know what I mean?  :)

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 06:38:37 pm »
It's neat. Those blue eyes. At first I didn't know what to think of it. Now I am just so curious about it. I don't think I have seen anything like it before.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 06:52:00 pm »
These were pretty low end and charms could have been made by any one of dozens of makers !!  If its marked at all it will be the bracelet itself !!  Look around the clasp !!