Author Topic: hey all! ansel adams yosemite coffee tin can.. hills bros. any one know worth?  (Read 2937 times)

GLOCKCS

• View Profile
Hey all. My dad has asked me  to research what an ansel adams coffee can is worth. Its a picture of a mountain panoramic view of Yosemite, and it has no dents and a little rust. Haven't been able to tell him if its worth anything much. No pictures for now. I am messaging from my phone. Thanks alot!

bob535

• View Profile
Sorry that was false info  ;D so i removed it...let me look some more... 10.00 was shipping

bob535

• View Profile
You will find this interesting:

http://www.mercurynews.com/home-garden/ci_18332988

If you can't look at it because of phone....it mentions that they go in auction for around $1,500

GLOCKCS

• View Profile
1500?! Holy cow. I just read the link you have posted, and their picture is the same but it is not a can. The one I have is a can. Let's see if this picture works.

hosman321

• View Profile
That is way cool! I've never seen one of those!

bob535

• View Profile
The last paragraph mentions the can. From what I got from this article is that some people took the can and flattened them out and framed them.
Here is the paragraph that talks about the can:

These cans are quite scarce today. I imagine people did hang onto them but then used them as pencil cans, doorstops or garage caddies. When the cans do come up for auction, they can bring up to $1,500. The flats are generally in better condition but they never saw use. They bring $1,000 to $1,500 at auction.

I think it is pretty cool.  ;D

***Edit***
What i got from the article was not right (i skimmed through it too fast  ;D)....I guess the one they are displaying was a "flat" because it was before it was shaped into the can....but according to the last paragraph the shaped cans do go in the 1,500 range...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:54:27 pm by bob535 »

GLOCKCS

• View Profile
Thanks alot for your help! I am very excited about this can that my dad was about to THROW AWAY! You never know what has worth.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Your Dad would been so upset. Good quick thinking.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."