Author Topic: sage green, ceramic cherub plates.  (Read 1902 times)

traciebowerman

• View Profile
sage green, ceramic cherub plates.
« on: July 28, 2004, 12:01:07 pm »
Hello, i really need some guidance on the following: I have two small sage green, small ceramic plates. They have only a refernce on the back 29 and 30. They look like the Wedgewood style (pale blue and white)

Plate one: cherub in fruit tree, second cherub below holding cloth wrapped around him. white and gold raised edgeing with cherubs central- encircled by small white raised dots.

Plate two: Cherub on sledge with second cherub behind on ice blades. same boarder and pattern around central cherubs.

We think they are from the 19th century?

ANY pointers or help would be really useful!!

thank you
Tracie

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 09:06:06 pm »
They are Jasperware.  Probably not Wedgwood, as the British are meticulous about marking their pottery/porcelain.  (usually) Other companies made green jasperware, and you might check out the site below, and look at the little piano, also not Wedgwood, but with a cherub theme.

http://search.ebay.com/green-jasperware_W0...osortpropertyZ3

without a company name, the value is less.  But they sound pretty, and will appeal to collectors of jasperware.  KB        :)    

traciebowerman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 09:15:44 am »
I looked at the site you suggested for jasperware and no they are not these. The cherub images have been painted in places, unlike jasperware, with plain white images. They are more decorative than jasperware.

Thank you for the info you gave me though. If this sheds any further light let me know!