Author Topic: Luigi Crosio's Refugium Peccatorum Madonna print.Help please.  (Read 7303 times)

fancypants

• View Profile
Re: Luigi Crosio's Refugium Peccatorum Madonna print.Help please.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 06:40:39 pm »
One thing that I am compelled to add .... remove the 'backing' print from the frame & reframe it !

There has already been 'transfer' from the 'backing' print to the back of the 'front'  print , which is not a good thing for either of your prints .

You can buy acid-free backing for both prints at many art-supply &/or framing shops , which is something your item(s) are in want of badly (IMO) !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

TheTodds

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 05:56:18 am »
One thing that I am compelled to add .... remove the 'backing' print from the frame & reframe it !

There has already been 'transfer' from the 'backing' print to the back of the 'front'  print , which is not a good thing for either of your prints .

You can buy acid-free backing for both prints at many art-supply &/or framing shops , which is something your item(s) are in want of badly (IMO) !
That's not a transfer from the other print.It's kind of strange but it's an outline of this print.Somehow it's copied itself on the back.That's why i uploaded a photo of it.
It's hard to describe.

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 11:36:32 am »
Thanks for clearing that up , I stand corrected ... my mistake !

What has happened to the back of your print is known as 'bleed-through' .

" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "