Author Topic: White Porcelain Pieces with Applied Flowers  (Read 1823 times)

lsissle

• View Profile
White Porcelain Pieces with Applied Flowers
« on: August 03, 2004, 09:48:48 am »
HELP! My parents have a set of two antique pieces and I have looked everywhere and have been unable to identify anything about their history.
They are both totally white and appear to be porcelain. One is what appears to be a single stem vase or perfume atomizer without the top and the other a candlestick holder with a little round handle on the side. Both of them are completely covered with applied tiny white four petal flowers that are all exactly the same size and shape and then on top of those flowers there is one white porcelain rose attached on each piece. They were my grandmother's and I know they are old but I am not sure how old. Any help you could give me in identifying these pieces would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 04:16:38 pm »
Hello..........are there any markings?...........one that comes to mind is Capo-di-Monte (Crown with an N mark) but there are others............

enjoy...........Tim

lsissle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 02:47:17 pm »
No unfortunately no marksing that I can see other than what looks like a spot where a small sticker used to be on the candleholder

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 02:01:28 pm »
guessing they are made in Japan, possibly Lefton porcelain.  These are collected and value can range from $10 - $25, each.

And yes, those are a "capo di monte" style.  

Ve ry pretty with the raised flowers.     KB