Author Topic: Heisey necklace????  (Read 7639 times)

srchn4trezr

• View Profile
Heisey necklace????
« on: September 27, 2011, 05:49:37 pm »
I have acquired a pearl choker necklace which appears to bear the Heisey logo on the reverse side of the setting.  I have exhaused all efforts to find whether Heisey was involved in producing a line of jewelry.  Seeking any and all input to help me identify this piece and whether, in fact, it is a Heisey necklace.  Thanks in advance!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Heisey necklace????
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 07:11:05 pm »
Intresting for Sure, That looks like a Heisey Logo for sure, I know nothing about Jewerly, but Glassware I do, I have never heard of Heisey making jewerly.  Did a quick search and only found reference to a Jewerly store named Heisey, nothing on Ebay, maybe have to do a image search.  I do have a book on Heisey History, that I have read it and no mention about jewerly.  I hope someone can come up with something, cause I am sure curious too  ???

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 07:53:55 pm »
Could that be a capital M inside the diamond?
There is a discussion on pearls mentioning it here:
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Fine-Jewelry-Gems/I-Need-Help/520119774

srchn4trezr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 04:51:58 am »
Thanks for the responses.  It is definitely an "H" inside the diamond.  I didn't clean it before taking the photos, so I checked again with a loop.  The ebay link provided gave me a link to a pearl guide that I will check out.  Thanks again and if you come across anything else, please keep me in mind.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 05:45:15 am »
Have had no luck finding a match to your piece but I know these are not Mikimoto pearls mentioned in snows link. Mikimoto Pearls are by far one of the elite producers of pearls in the world. Yours unfortunately I believe are faux set as real pearls are usually hand knotted between each pearl (as are some faux sets also.) This does not mean they have no value. will keep digging :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:27:00 am by wendy177 »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 06:06:11 am »
When I blew the pic up,, there is a point when downloading that the image is even larger than when complete !! It was pretty easy to see the V shape in the top portion of the letter and that would indicate that the letter is an M rather than a H in the diamond !! Could be wrong but I think its an M !!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 06:55:16 am »
Still no luck tried H -M- W    ???

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 03:08:03 pm »
So have I Wendy, and bombed out !! As far as I can find Heisey never made jewelry !! While it might be logical to think they made a glass bead type jewelry,,I dont see that they would have done pearls !!  Have you had these looked at to see if they are faux or natural pearls ?? Could be that it is a store logo that  strung/sold the necklace !!

srchn4trezr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 06:37:36 pm »
I have attached an additional picture that may show what I believe to be the "H" a little better.  I agree that they are probably faux, but was thinking more of the stones in the setting that made me wonder if there was a relationship with Heisey.  It's become a quest!  Thanks to all for your input!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 05:26:44 pm »
Welcome to the forum srchn4trezr!

Why not contact the Heisey Glass Museum?  Can't hurt  ;)

Contact info is included on their site and under FAQ's it seems as though they welcome inquiries.

http://heiseymuseum.org/

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 05:30:54 pm »
Most definitely an H. Sorry for saying it might be an M. Now the hunt is on.   :)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 05:44:36 pm »
And yes, definitely matches the Heisey mark. Other than an "H" in a triangle I haven't been able to come across anything remotely similar yet.

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 05:54:45 pm »
I see the one by the clasp has no pearl coating. Is it glass? Wouldn't it be awesome if one of the makers at Heisey made these beads for a loved one? The mystery continues...

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 06:51:57 pm »
Could the "H" be Hedy? I looked in my book and the only "H" was Hedy in a copyright symbol. I don't know if that's a copyright symbol. 1909 -1985 are the dates of the company.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

srchn4trezr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 05:24:16 am »
Hey everyone!  I had already tried the Heisey Glass Museum before I stumbled across this forum in my search.  That was about two weeks ago and I haven't received a response yet.   Should probably try again, just started searching elsewhere.  The one bead is very different, but since I know nothing about pearls/beads, I just started to research anything I could get my hands on.  Someone had mentioned having someone look at it, but to be honest, I don't know where to take it.  Everyone I have come in contact with is scratching their heads, including me!