Author Topic: Some Salt Glazed Stoneware Crockery  (Read 1861 times)

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Some Salt Glazed Stoneware Crockery
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:55:37 pm »
Hi friends!  I hope you're all enjoying this edge of Fall weather we're having!  The breeze coming through the window right now is just Red Delicious apple lovely!

I bought a box lot of stuff and these salt glaze crockery jars were in it.  There are a few, but I'm going to post them one by one in this same thread so it's clear which marking goes with which.

From the look of them and also from another crock jar I did identify from 1977 in the lot, I'm thinking these are vintage (at best) and not antique.  I'd really love help identifying a potential maker, though, or deciphering these signatures.  Maybe they're studio art pieces?  Also, I see this blue leaf design on a lot of salt glaze stuff of all ages, and I'm thinking there must be a name for it:  that blue leafed branch like a fern but with rounded tips.  Hoping maybe someone knows.

Here's #1:  4.5"H, 6.5" diameter at top, signature bottom, no stamps, almost 2 lbs.

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Re: Some Salt Glazed Stoneware Crockery
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:58:28 pm »
#2 is:  3.5"H, 3" diameter mouth, 102 lbs.  M in a square (or M over something? M over A?) stamp, signed bottom

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 09:01:42 pm »
#3 is:  3.5:H, 3.25" diaeter mouth.  Signed, numbered 96, backwards ampersand in a square bottom stamp

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 07:23:08 am »
Where did you get these? The bottom one seems newer because I've never seen cut outs of hearts on the older crocks.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 12:07:05 pm »
In an auction box lot...totally possible that they are newer.  Just was wondering if anyone recognized the maker stamps or signature or anything.  I agree greenacres I haven't been able to find any older salt glaze pieces with the heart cutout, either.