Author Topic: Orange Carnival Glass Compote/Vase  (Read 2648 times)

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Orange Carnival Glass Compote/Vase
« on: October 03, 2011, 01:23:54 pm »
Hi all!  I have this orange carnival glass or otherwise iridescent flashed glass piece, looks like a compote but is dipped down inside like a vase.  It is 6.25"H, 7" diameter mouth, and weighs about 2.4 lbs.  I haven't been able to find a date or maker on this one yet.  Does anyone recognize it or the pattern?  Looked all over it with a magnifying glass and there are no stamps or maker marks.  Thx!!

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Re: Orange Carnival Glass Compote/Vase
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 01:25:01 pm »
Bottom

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 02:14:52 pm »
off the top of my head  I can tell you it is a form of hobstar which one I will need to search for and is a pedestal to a punch bowl  like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Carnival-Glass-Punch-Bowl-Pedestal-and-6-Cups-/190581099237?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5f84cae5

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 06:11:34 pm »
Right !!  Punch bowl base !! Wendy,, does that look like Northwood to you ??
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:17:26 pm by mart »

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 06:21:17 pm »
WOW!!  Thank you Wendy & Mart sooo much!  I was getting ready to give up on that one after having searchedd forever (under the wrong keywords, obviously!) for a compote or vase that looks like this  :-[  Never would have guessed it's a punch bowl pedestal!  So glad I posted it here!  You rock!  Didn't know about this "Hobstar" pattern, either...had seen the name many times scrolling past "Hobnail" in pattern names, though  :D

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 07:32:50 pm »
Wow this was a hard one!!! mart I thought Northwood also but no go, This is called Long Hobstar by Imperial , The punch bowl & base is Very RARE wish you had bowl GG , Beautiful set when together  here's one    http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/long-hobstar-punch-bowl-base-imperial-carnival
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:46:57 pm by wendy177 »

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 08:31:00 pm »
Here's a great site with picyures of your pattern.

http://www.carnivalheaven.com/carnivalglass104/id37.htm
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 08:37:26 pm »
Wendy!!!  Thank you so much!!!!  You are exactly right!  I had been looking at mine upside down all that time and thinking it was a vase  ;D  I was able to find similar pieces now in clear and also a bowl similar to this would have gone on top as a punch or fruit bowl as you guys said.  Yay!

I think the pattern is early, possibly pre-1910!?  Still looking on the dates.  So funny that it was Imperial all along as when I was looking at it with a magnifying glass I was searching for that little IG, I don't know why...even though their later stuff looks different than this but some how it still gives off that Imperial vibe!

Thanks, greenacres!

KiwiHoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 08:44:41 pm »
I'm not sure, but I wanted to say that's really pretty!  I love carnival glass, especially when you can see a lot of different colors in it.  ;D