Author Topic: josef kuba carlsbad love story (courtship) pieces  (Read 5856 times)

saved1016

• View Profile
josef kuba carlsbad love story (courtship) pieces
« on: October 09, 2011, 06:17:00 pm »
i have seven dessert plates, four saucers, and two tea cups that i recently required and was curious of the value as i might want to sell them.  there are no cracks or chips and appear to be in very good condition.  can anyone help me with determining their value.  i can post pics if needed.  thanks much ---

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: josef kuba carlsbad love story (courtship) pieces
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 08:13:31 pm »
Photos will be needed front & makers mark

saved1016

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 09:14:32 pm »
thanks, i will work on that and get it posted sometime tomorrow. appreciate the help.

saved1016

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:35:44 pm »
this will take a few postings to get all pics posted. i have done some research and found a teacup and saucer for sale on ebay for $125 and an 11" plate for $50, then one other plate (size unknown) on ensy.com (i believe) for $25.  i hope the resolutions is good enough, i had trouble on the back to get clear.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 04:59:41 pm »
Very pretty!
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

saved1016

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 05:16:04 pm »
i am having trouble posting other pics, any suggestions to get them to u?  there are basically three different backs, one with the green gold jk carlsbad stamp, one with a stamp with a beehive on it and then looks like two swords.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 05:42:48 pm »
Found this site with several pieces for sale http://www.efineantiques.com/webpages/jkw_bavaria.htm

saved1016

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 05:59:46 pm »
wow, each piece is priced at such high prices.  from the pics i could get to u, do u feel mine are of similar quality or what in comparison

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 06:43:43 am »
Your photos are not clear like the site I posted you should be able to determin quality of your pieces as you can inspect them closely. Also a few on ebay  http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=JKW&_kw=Love&_kw=Story   you would need to research the 3 diffrent makers marks you mentioned (are all three marks on each piece or do all pieces have a diffrent mark)  to determin what the time line or if that effects value.

saved1016

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 04:02:33 pm »
all except two had the jk green marking, one had a gold oblong with a bee hive marked into it under the glaze, and then one has a what looks like a gold shield with blue trim, beehive at bottom of shield, two swords crossing close to handles, then bet the blades is a crown with a b under it..  what time period are these? 

also i have attached a plate that i got at the same time and was wondering your opinion.  i have found various sites showing many different plate designs by hutschenreuther, geld but none showing this plate.  marking on back shows the name with a looks like a lion in an almost circle shape and under that still within circle are the initials LHS, below circle is bavaria germany.

also regarding the josef kuba, i love the history behind the creations (found prior to first emailing)

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 07:43:47 pm »
saved it is impossible to give you a time line of production without clear  close up photos of the  marks. Some companies did not keep consice records of mark changes, others did but were often lost or burned in fires. but without good photos of marks  it is not possible to even research and give you an answer. Many marks were changed in very small ways ( hence the need for clear closeup photos) and then maybe a time line can be told.

saved1016

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 11:13:08 pm »
can u give me any ideas of how i can go about getting u clearer pics?  greatly appreciate the help

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 12:06:05 am »
    A good picture of the hallmarks can be tricky.  First it would depend on what you are shooting with.  Cell phone cameras will not work very well for this.  If you have a point and shoot with at least 8 mp make sure you have lots of light.  This will allow the auto focus to get a good focus, then crop te pic down to size and that should help.  Also many Point and shoots have a Macro setting that will allow you to get closer, but still need lots of light, the more light the more that will be in focus, call Depth of Field.  The best of course is a good DSLR with a Macro filter that is screwed on the lens, I use a 10x and get about 1 inch away but still have to have lots of light.  Sorry this sound like a photography lesson.  All in All Light and lots of MP and a photo program to crop with.

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 01:16:32 am »
The tip I've used , along with what ironlord posted , is a good zoom in (if your camera does not have 'close-up' settings of some sort) & a tripod .

Sometimes greyscale can bring out details as well (@ least to my partially color-blind eyes) ... other times it's just try & try again !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

saved1016

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 01:45:55 am »
i have a tripod and shot with a canon g9, which is in bet a point and shoot and a dslr. we are suppose to have a really nice day tomorrow, so will move outside and see what i can get. greatly appreciate the advise.