Author Topic: Just got a item bump off Ebay What Gives  (Read 2718 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Just got a item bump off Ebay What Gives
« on: October 12, 2011, 09:25:20 am »
     Just thought I would wine a bit to you all  :-\   Ebay just cancelled one of my listing.  It was a Chess set made of Carved Bone, They said if I don't know what species the bone came from that it can't be listed  ???   Wow How does one tell what kind of bone it is from, maybe I should of Said Chicken Bone.  Anyway had to wine a bit.  Here I'll post a pic for your entertainment, now I have to find somewhere else to sell this.

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
Re: Just got a item bump off Ebay What Gives
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 09:46:58 am »
They're just trying to comply with federal laws that do not allow products like that made out of human remains or endamngered. If it's something like camel bone then you're in the clear. You just need to mention it. More than likely some enviro nut reported it.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:49:50 am »
    Yea what's next wood products?  Just think things sometimes can be a bit extreme

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:00:48 am »
Gibson guitar company just got a factory shutdown by the feds for that very reason. The Lacey Act needs to be re-written so it will be clear and open to interpertation like it is now.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:18:28 am »
Gibson guitar company just got a factory shutdown by the feds for that very reason. The Lacey Act needs to be re-written so it will be clear and open to interpertation like it is now.

Yeah...  This really gets my ire up!!!  I wish they (Congress) would spend more time fixing old legislation than writing new. The Gibson story is a real nail-biter for those keeping alive the art of true craftsmanship in this country.
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 12:47:04 pm »
I'm currently looking at antique fans and they list them all as either cattle bone or ox bone. I am sure that no one is taking these in to be lab tested, so I think you'd be fine posting the most likely animal as these did.
Antiqueaholic in recovery