Author Topic: What the?  (Read 3393 times)

hosman321

• View Profile
What the?
« on: October 15, 2011, 01:32:20 pm »
I just sold an item on ebay, I think it's like my 13th sale. But this time, paypal tells me that until I establish a good sales record, my funds from sales will be withheld for 21 days. What's that all about? It's never put a hold on money I have received. It's a bit irritating because I already went through a big hassle with the winning bidder not paying for weeks. Gave it to the next bidder and now I still can't have the money for a few weeks. Grrrr. I have 100 percent and 5 stars on everything.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: What the?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 01:44:42 pm »
    Yea I got a notice some months back about paypal was going to start doing this, if you have under 100 sales in the past year, they will be putting a hold on the funds before you can withdraw, It would seem that many would pull their money before even the item was shipped or something like that.  I don't remember all the details on this, I just kind of ignored it because I usually leave my money in it for a while and have over 100 sales.  I can see this being a bit of a bummer esp. 21 days sure seems like a long time to wait.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 02:01:24 pm »
Yeah, especially since I don't have a working printer so I can't really print a shipping label with paypal. I used to transfer all the money to my bank and then just pay with our card at the post office. I guess they got tired of issuing refunds so they hold it in case something goes wrong? I think it's stupid.  >:(

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 06:36:58 pm »
eBay started digging their own grave when they bought PayPal and raised the fees.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 08:15:04 pm »
I'm really getting tired of ebay, I think I'm gonna go back to selling on Craigslist. I get sick of people flaking out on me on CL but I think I would rather deal with flakes than high ebay fees, rules, regulations and headaches.  >:(

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 09:06:27 pm »
    Yea in many ways I would agree with the issues of selling on Ebay, and would if I could find a better source, I have tried a few, and have thought about Esty since they added a vintage and Antique catagory, but I know three people personnally who sell there and they do O.K., but still not compared to the sales of Ebay.  I have learned to know the rules and fees and keep that in mind when I price and sell there.  Like the fees are easily absorbed into the sale, but all the other rules, well just know what they are and be a hard and firm seller, not always easy, but Ebay I can still make a $200.00 in profit a week, and yes I would like more.  Sorry to hear about the issues you have Hosman and if Craigslist works for you then work it, for me I have 500 + items to sell and boxes of more to go through, I personnally have to have volume.

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 09:12:10 pm »
eBay has the gorilla's share of the market so that's why I sell on there. There also take a gorilla's share of your money in fees though. It's still cheaper than renting a building, and paying the insurance and whatnot. So until I have enough to open my own brick and mortar, eBay is my main sales platform. Craigslist has been good to me, but eBay has been better.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 10:38:58 am »
Hosman, they did the same to me a while ago because I didn`t have a credit card on file and would not link to my bank account !! (No way would I do that)) heard too many horror stories) !!  So I went to Wal-Mart and bought a $20.00 self loading credit card,, entered it and no more problems !!  But I only use paypal for buying online !!  Have never tried to get cash out !!

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 08:44:42 am »
I'm pretty mad about this whole "holding funds" thing. I still am not able to use the money, I think that's just nuts to hold it for this long. Has anyone else sold anything on ebay the past few days? Did it do it to you, too?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 09:12:16 am »
Yes I have but since I have that WalMart CC on file,, no problems,, but like I said I only use paypal for buying and selling online !!  They have had that 21 day rule a while now !!