Author Topic: WWI Barrack Bed  (Read 1846 times)

floodvictim

• View Profile
WWI Barrack Bed
« on: August 13, 2004, 05:53:24 am »
It's me, newbie again, you may remember me from the question I asked about pricing the international harvester fridge.....another antique that I had in my basement was an iron bed, that was a barrack bed in WWI..... After looking through the site I realize you guys are interested in popular antiques, but I really need help pricing some items after my flood.  I know that these things probably don't have any value to the insurance company, but they did have value to me......even if its not much I would appreciate any help  I can get.  I need pricing or estimates for both items mentioned above if anyone could be so kind as to help  :D it would be greatly appreciated......Th anks
Flooded in Canada
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 05:54:17 am by floodvictim »

Tim

• View Profile
WWI Barrack Bed
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 08:39:00 am »
Hi......sorry to here of the rising waters. I have seen the damage that water can do. It's not a pretty site.

Obviously your iron bed is going to be collectible to someone who collects world war memoribilia. To those who don't it's just an iron bed. I just recently sold a circa WWII medical stretcher for $25 out of our antique mall where we consign. It could have likely brought more elsewhere.

Perhaps that can help lead you in the direction your seeking......

"Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again." Unknown

D&b antiques

• View Profile
WWI Barrack Bed
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 04:18:37 pm »
:huh: tim is right, insurance company's require item to item appraisal's on antiques and collectibles, prior to flood fire etc. I would try for $75.00 on the bed and $150.00 on the frig. :(  

floodvictim

• View Profile
WWI Barrack Bed
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 05:56:27 am »
Thanks guys that helps out alot.....I Knew that I had a couple of antiques that my mom had given me when I moved out, and I have had them a long time as well,  but I didn't realize how old they were until I started asking her about them when we had the flood.  Thanks again for all of your help.