Author Topic: Little help with this plate  (Read 1318 times)

NHTreasureFinder

• View Profile
Little help with this plate
« on: October 17, 2011, 03:18:45 pm »
Hello everyone,

I need a little help with this plate I have. I have little info on it. Basically what I have is a four color glazed ceramic/porcelain twisted metal handle divided snack plate with gold gilding, white flower motif, and a red mark on the underneath. I don't really know how to describe the red mark if that's even what it is. Somebody wrote over the red mark $11.50. The white flower motif has got me stuck as well. At first I thought it might be a white anemone, but further looking and there seems to be branch with more buds ready to blossom. So, now I'm at some kind of tree with a white flower.

Any help would be most appreciated. I don't usually do much with ceramic/porcelain/pottery because I don't know much about it.  ???

mart

• View Profile
Re: Little help with this plate
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 03:56:31 pm »
It doesn`t appear to be any particular type of flower or blossom unless it an apple blossom or some such !! Looks more like the decorative painting that was popular 80`s and 90`s !! Cant see the red mark well but I would say it is not a factory mark !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 05:27:25 pm »
Appears to me to be more of a modern decorative piece.  I have seen many stores over the years put red marks (with china marker) on items that were discounted/reduced.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 05:35:12 pm »
They do that here too,, forgot about that KC !!

NHTreasureFinder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 11:07:32 am »
Mart, are you saying this is like 1980's or 1990's? 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 01:41:45 pm »
I suspect it may be !! That style of painting was popular then and those types of dishes were commonly used !! The center was used for a purchased dip container and different crackers and chips were in the outside spaces !!  Tupperware parties come to mind when looking at your dip and chip server !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 05:42:04 pm »
I would agree with Mart!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!