Author Topic: Addotta Gold Colored or Plated Metal Owl  (Read 1436 times)

agreeneyes

Addotta Gold Colored or Plated Metal Owl
« on: October 21, 2011, 05:57:35 pm »
The label on the bottom says Addotta Sculptor and faintly reads made in USA.  I've researched this artist but I'm unable to find anything that resembles what I have.  All I'm able to find is miniature bronze scupltures for around $100.00.  It's a gold colored metal owl  approx 2 inches high.  .  I think it is signed near the bottom but it's really hard to read.  Unfortunately it was dropped on one of ears and was dented and pushed in.

I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this artist and if so possibly can tell me where I might find an item that resembles mine.  I would also like to know what this is made of, gold plated pot metal or what?  the age and value if any. Thank you

JoshandLila

• View Profile
Re: Addotta Gold Colored or Plated Metal Owl
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 10:22:42 am »
what does the interior metal look like where the ear was damaged? can you post a pic? is it painted that color? 
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."
H. G. Wells

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 11:02:58 am »
Couldn't find your exact one but from reading, that company did plate some of their pieces in 24 K gold.

agreeneyes

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 12:30:18 pm »
If you found similar items what is the link?  The 3rd picture down shows the ear and it is metal in color it's hard to take a picture of the damage because of the flash on the gold.   If it was plated in 24 kt gold wouldn't it say it on the lable? I thought this was an artist design or is Addotta the artist's company?  The pictures don't do this piece justice in person the detail on this is exquisite.  It's very heavy for it's size, honestly until I saw the ear I thought it might have been solid gold because of the weight but obviously the weight must come from the metal base. Any idea on the value?, thank you

KevinB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 12:42:52 pm »
I think JoshandLila were wondering if the base metal was silver. I know thats what I was wondering.

snowflake

• View Profile
    • The Flutter Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 01:12:27 pm »
Most of what I get is bronze. Here is your owl in it:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200633031463

If you google Addotta and gold plated you get this:
http://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=Adotta+gold+plated&pbx=1&oq=Adotta+gold+plated&aq=f&aqi=&aql=1&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1800l10174l0l10649l18l18l0l0l0l0l430l3605l0.12.4.1.1l18l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=4d6e928658d79516&biw=1320&bih=658

So they plated the bronze with gold, just couldn't find yours. As for value, I have no clue. Or if yours is gold. I am not a collector/seller. Sorry I can't be of more help. Will keep my eyes open though.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 02:04:08 pm »
This guy did a little bit of everything !! From dollhouse miniatures to greek statues just smaller !! There are a bunch on ebay although I didn`t check I think they may have been from the same seller since all were listed in the same format !! I will say though that as far as I found he did not work in metals other than bronze and used sterling or 24K to plate them !!  Prices ran from $35. to $300. although all were BIN sales !! Most of the items would average around $85. to $100. smaller ones less and pairs and more detailed items,, more !!