Author Topic: Unsigned Painting  (Read 1425 times)

KevinB

• View Profile
Unsigned Painting
« on: October 21, 2011, 09:49:55 pm »
Ok here we go again! Atleast the last one was signed and I knew what is was a painting of. This painting is canvas on some sort of cardboard. Any leads to go on would help.

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Re: Unsigned Painting
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 11:48:47 pm »
Oh boy...this is a tough one.  If I had to guess what kind of paint that is, I'd say it could be gouache.  It looks very similar to it to me.  Wish I could help more!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Unsigned Painting
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 10:28:19 am »
Its called canvasboard and has been used for years for classroom work !!  It has a canvas-like texture on the front and can be found at most art or department stores if they have a craft section !! When I taught classes that is what we used since it typically comes in a three pack and we didn`t have to run to the art supply stores so often !! This could be gouache or acrylic or oil since either would be acceptable with canvasboard !!  Your pic almost looks like some scenes from Yellowstone area !! It could have been done from a calender pic or on location !!  No real way to know !! Canvasboards they sell now have a place on the back for name, location and date !!