Author Topic: Forest, Bavaria Germany China  (Read 3721 times)

aDawn

Forest, Bavaria Germany China
« on: July 23, 2012, 08:49:12 pm »
One more post for tonight.

This is another one for my mother. She also bought this at a thrift store $5.99 for the set of 6. They're small saucers about 4 inches wide with gold decoration. Is that too small to be regular teacup saucers? They seem pretty small. I can't find much on the company and I've only found this pattern here and there's not really any info there.
 http://www.ioffer.com/i/VINTAGE-RARE-FOREST-SUGAR-BOWL-BAVARIA-GERMANY-137375303

Wondering what you all think the value might be, and the age. Don't really know if it's old at all...

Thanks in advance!

Chris_Marshall

Re: Forest, Bavaria Germany China
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 01:33:46 am »
Forest China Bavaria was a distributor mark and as such can be found on items created by various manufacturers, including for example Retsch & Co from the town of Wunsiedel. The multi-color 'cover up' transfer mark shown here was mostly used on items made by the company of Hertel, Jacob & Co. from the city of Rehau between 1969 and 1979. It has a twin, "Forest China Japan", but explaining that would go too far.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:27:29 am »
Probably for small demitasse cups !! Not that old !!

aDawn

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:50:49 am »
I thought it had a very mid century look to it. Maybe we can sell it for a little bit of cash. That sort of stuff seems to be a fairly popular style right now. How much do you suppose we could sell it for? $10.00? $15.00?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 12:13:25 pm »
I would say somewhere in that range !! I like the pattern,, its quite typical of the 70`s !!