Author Topic: Mitterteich  (Read 4309 times)

Florence

• View Profile
Mitterteich
« on: June 22, 2004, 04:04:38 pm »
[I am now collecting Mitterteich Norway Rose...I was wondering if someone out there could give me a history of Mitterteich in general, and maybe (should I be so lucky) Norway Rose in particular.....I've used my search engine....but not too much has comne up, except advertisements for people selling things....

Florence

Chris_Marshall

Mitterteich
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 11:07:36 am »
Hi Florence,

Here's a little piece of facility info on the Mitterteich company which is of course located in the town of Mitterteich (Bavaria). All readers please note that this facility has nothing to do with the facility of Joseph Rieber, also located in Mitterteich :

Porzellanfabrik Ludwig Lindner (1867 - 1895)

During 1867 Ludwig Lindner founded the first porcelain facility in Mitterteich. The facility was later torn down during a modernization process. At the exact location, a new facility was built which was named 'factory A' and is still in use today.

Mosanic Pottery Max Emanuel & Co. (1895 - 1917)

In 1895, the facility was taken over. An interesting side note is that the porcelian decorator Julius Mueller from 1895 onwards also run a guesthouse (Gasthof zum Lindenzweig) on 'Grossensterzer Strasse' which was also used as canteen for the workers of the porcelain facility. The guesthouse was also a meeting point for the members of the social-democrat party from the area.

Porzellanfabrik Mitterteich AG (1917 - ....)

Not much is known after the company was transformed into a limited company. But during 1988, a huge fire completely destroyed the 'factory C' part of the facility.

kerrybee

• View Profile
Mitterteich
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 01:29:48 pm »
and you will find your pattern, and available pieces here:

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/MITNOR.htm

KB

ps:  adding this note: I ran a generic search on MSN as follows:

mitterteich porcelain norway rose

got lots of hits, including pieces for sale on e-bay  -  best wishes, me again
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 01:33:43 pm by kerrybee »

Antoine Ponsot

Mitterteich
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 09:57:43 am »
I have a "complete" set (12) of Mitterteich "Norway Rose" china- Please e-mail -ajm.pponsot@Verizon.net for full list

ginni

• View Profile
    • http://www.ginni.com/collection
Mitterteich
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 12:44:26 pm »
Hi Chris,

Can you explain why some Mitterteich marked pieces say Austria?

Pretty please.

gs
gs
Bohemian Reference Site
New: www.CollectorsCircle.com
Old: www.ginni.com/collection

Chris_Marshall

Mitterteich
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 05:34:14 pm »
:blink: Sorry ginni  :blink:

Only just re-visited the forum here after solving that "William Lowe" 1895 business (PG&P forum) ... mailed athena, but no response yet. Boy, imagine all these people thinking they have Lowe pieces that are actually looking at a piece of genuine "Wong Lee Productions Co, Hong Kong, est. 1995"  stuff ...  :ph34r:

The next "bronze and porcelain" seller is up and running ... Neundorf Porzellan has issued a catalog. ROFL ! ROFL ! ROFL ! ... the pieces are between 17 and 30 Euro INCLUDING German V.A.T. !!!! I bet a few of them will be sold for big $$$ on feebay again ... somebody want a list with pics ?

But I'm way OT ... Austria ? Really interesting. Had a note somewhere that "Rieber" actually is an Austrian name and that the family formerly came from Vienna. He might have had a subsidiary there. Or he started of in Austria. I'll keep that in mind for future reference ... No, I'd better write in down NOW (my mind is a little on the blink ... I even started turning over PLASTIC dishes last week .... )

:blink: